Other Stuff > Misc / Open

What is it with the SOHC US forum?

(1/4) > >>

Honda Brat:
I gotta have a moan, I am a member on various bike forums and enjoy the banter and wealth of knowledge that is shared etc, when I decided to build and customise a CB500/4 I thought that the SOHC forum would be the place for anything and everything that I needed answering.  However, it seems no one can be bothered to reply to any posts, yes a couple have been answered and maybe I am being a bit sensitive but when you have so many so-called experts with over 10K posts you would have thought that one of them could have been kind enough to reply  ::)  I mean you can go back every few hours and there are literally 2-3 pages of new replies!  Now don't get me wrong its an open forum with various topics, but 'A pic of you and your bike next to?' and 'What car does a SOHC member drive' is not my bag, yes I can not bother looking at these threads but sometimes I need answers and the place that is all things Honda kinda doesn't deliver  :(

When I am in a position to offer any help on a subject I reply as I am aware that the poster has gone to the trouble of putting up a question h/she must be pretty desperate for an answer, especially if it is bike related.  I'm pretty disappointed with the forum, maybe its because I'm a 'noobie'  ::) or maybe if I was keeping the bike original or cafe'ing it then I would get a host of replies but on my experience with the forum it seems pretty crap.

Maybe i'm blowing of steam and don't mean to annoy or upset anyone - but the phrase 'You meet the nicest people on a Honda' kinda doesn't cut it with SOHC US.

Just my pissed off thoughts this evening, maybe I'll feel different tomorrow?

hairygit:
Sorry you feel like that! I've only been on here a couple of weeks and have found the whole experience very satisfying. I've been on holiday from work so I've spent many hours trawling through the forum, but I know when I get back to work I'll only be able to grab an hour or so a week, and I'm sure many others are the same in this respect, work, home life tinkering with our bikes etc. Be patient, someone WILL read your post, and if they can help, they will. I hope you get the answers you're looking for, and start to enjoy the forum ;D

SteveD CB500K0:
Hairy - its the USA forum www.sohc4.net (not this one) that is being discussed.

I'm a moderator over there and it is a very different place from this (for a start, we had to ban political discussion as they would have started shooting one another!)

The forum is so large (11k members, 3M views/month and 20k posts/month) that you have to be specific in the title of your post if you want the right sort of answer.

It is true that there is HUGE experience over there in all modifications that you may (or may not) have thought of), but it is a much harder place to get your question heard.

All I can suggest is that you review your thread title(s) and/or contact direct the individuals who seem most expert on your requirement.

I may be able to help there if you advise what the question(s) was/were.

Steve

hairygit:
Oops, Thanks for that Steve, I should have read the complaint more carefully! :-[  The simple answer is to ask anything you want to know on the U.K. forum, because anything the americans can do, I'm sure it's been done better here, and at least the U.K. forum uses PROPER English ;D

Honda Brat:
cheers Steve, I took that into consideration and I know exactly where you coming from.  I actually contacted one of their regular members who no doubt you know Frankenmonster?? or something similar, I was interested in one of his points covers, not even a sniff of a reply and that was over a month ago.  As I said its odd as 2 of my other main bike forums are US based and they are damn good fun and great for banter  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version