Author Topic: dont let this happen  (Read 5814 times)

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
Re: dont let this happen
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »
just heard f2 should arrive thurs 30-9- will post pics, i saw a post ref alternate silencers to 4-1 standard plenty of after market sorts ie dunstall replicas gold star  etc, does any one know size where silencer clamps on? provided downpipes clear forward controls.
at least garage -workshop looks tidier prep bench space for engine strip -k6- want to find cause of oil block, still cant figure out why she was firing- plugs 3-4 side of blockage yet no spark 1+2 that had plenty of oil. are all the engine covers same k6-f2 swop shiny bits.
when eventually fit f2 most riding done meon valley hampshire well known sunday run road steady 70-80 mph roads i joked about wobbling around on rigid frame seriously its not that bad .
defender

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:33 AM »
I think the size is 50mm but i will have a quick measure for you later, the engine covers will all swap over
Bit of luck and you should be back on the road soon maybee before the winter ice
Pete

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
55mm where the silencer clamps on
Pete

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »
Well here she is arrived today better than i expected imo the 1978 f2 (possible) doner engine for the k6 chop, she,s got mot till April 2012 and seller sent old mots from 1994 at 3621miles with other mots from 2003 till now 7 all showing mileage rising to 5404 she is tidy NOT immaculate but most impressive suprisingly with much relief the engine solid tight and supersport fast when they rev and they do  i thought my old gs750 sorry was fast NOT compared with the f2 this is seriously quick off the shelf as it were! i dont think it needs a tune up-so this has confused me even more! (it does,nt take much).
with the condition she,s in the possible mileage and the way she runs and rides and what i paid for her, when i went out today for a spin portsdown hill micks burger van theres allways bikes there-sunny days- old bikes allways bring out the i used to have one of them crowd i expect everyone on this forum gets the same when your out on the bike, 1/2 the people were,nt even born when the f2 came out!
i need to have a serious THINK before i do anything in a hurry ref engine out! also i could never fully use the engines potential in the chop?   
head still not of the k6 to find cause of oil block to cam.

defender

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 10:03:04 PM »
more pics f2
defender

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
The F2 in that knick is geting rarer and it WILL need new exhaust valve guides plus associated work NO MATTER how well it runs now

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »
It looks fairly original from the pics and seems to have most of the stuff people look for when doing a restore of this model.

I look at it this way, it's the absolute end of the line of the original four cylinder japanese/world superbike and will only get more rare. A big shame to split it up when there are so many more K2-K6 range around that nobody would really miss.

I think the value of these will head much more towards K0 values in the coming years and will really come into it's own as a very valid historic, and as you've found they are really nice to ride.

My vote would be to keep it original (you'd probably be able to sell at a profit in future) and blue was the nicest colour they came in as well.

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz320/davehawk/honda%20750%20f2/
hope this link works to my photobucket site more pics f2 appreciate points using engine as doner, and it does seem like f1 f2 prices are rising i,d love to keep her as she is but to tax mot and insure 2 bikes is pricy. its a quick fix to getting chop on road with a solid engine plus someone has a good basis- rolling chassis to put back on road.
i,m going to start a new post-engine swop- as problems arise-advice hopefully straightforward.
defender

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
I think that straightforward will NOT be the word for it as F2's have differentt inlet rubbers and carbs and do not take to any modifications in the inlet tract well (EG pods) and are a real swine to tune as well plus they are a bit "Peaky" for a chop and will wear the valve guides out quickly necessitating a top end strip and rebuild, for which a lot of parts like piston and rings (unique to the F2) are very difficult to find.

Without being silly you would be far better passing on the complete bike and getting a K engine to put in there

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal