Author Topic: k6 engine rebuild  (Read 1415 times)

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
k6 engine rebuild
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
i,ve been busy clearing space in garage to work on and remove k6 engine from chop.
just recieved haynes manuel e-bay would shut down if  i was,nt here?
all ancillerys now off will remove head soon, as advised probable bent valves, as you know i bought a mint cam and carrier set for
defender

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: k6 engine rebuild
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »
Hi Dave

Some of this may be of interest to you

http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/garage.html

There should be a link to a honda manual as well

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
If the problems are confined to this area it should be well worth completing a repair of the K6.

When I've built them I always use a smear of graphite grease on the cam lobes and rockers to help prevent any pickup as you turn it over during assembly.

If you think of the main case sealing surfaces they are bolted together until virtually all of any sealant you use is expelled, so you need to apply only the smallest amount you possbly can to get a good seal as the excess is going to end up somewhere else inside the engine.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 11:22:51 PM »
There is an intersting chopper on ebay at the moment  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB-750-CHOPPER-CHOP-BOBBER-SWAP-L-K-/220869937878
Pete

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:17:10 AM »
Have you access to a compressor? If so remove an oil galler cap and blow air in to clear cr*p from the oilways, from experience a common cause of your problem was bits of cleaned off gasket getting into the oilways and clogging the restrictor jets. Another common problem was excess silicone gasket on the crankcase halves.

Not want to teach granny to suck eggs BUT with the problem you have had i would do a complete engine strip and be SUPER clean on the rebuild

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal