Author Topic: New Build  (Read 1193 times)

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
New Build
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
I have just about sorted my present build so after a bit of paint its ready to ride, The thing is I have started to think about next winter as I have more than enough parts to build another 750. What I am asking [ and please all you purists read no further ] Has any body mono-shocked one if so what swinging arm was used and was it a success ?

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: New Build
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
If you're asking about which swing arm to use I'm assuming you want to do a modern type rising rate suspension with upright shock.

If wanting to do old style cantelever monoshock you could use an original swing arm with the loop welded on and the shock top mount welded onto the frame under the seat and the shock nearer to horizontal, I did this style on my avatar bike, its much easier to do than a rising rate modern type conversion, I used a Fazer 1000 shock.
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Build
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »
Thanks Tomb will need lots of thought before mig comes out, but think I will go down old style route and try to keep shock above swing arm and not run through or past it, may swap arm to use other wheel sizes all pie in the sky at present but will get my head around it on those dark winter nights.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal