SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

headlamp from us to uk

(1/5) > >>

david451:
Got a couple of USA import spec bikes and need to know if the headlamps have to be changed or are they normally fitted with neutral straight down dip, the bikes are in bits so can't check. Can't find anything on a search, infact if any the other lights don't meet the specs as well if anybody is up to speed on the legislation please.

Got the frame all painted on one of them, working on the engine now and should get it back in next week. Got a nice seat cover from David silvers, the rocker cover gasket is a bit costly though, need to make sure I don't damage the one on the next bike, the cleaning up on the covers etc is taking ages.

SteveD CB500K0:
Bryan is our MOT tester, but experience suggests...

* If you have indicators they must work and must be orange
* Headlight must dip to the left
If not, it will fail.

david451:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500F on November 19, 2011, 08:50:52 PM ---Bryan is our MOT tester, but experience suggests...

* If you have indicators they must work and must be orange
* Headlight must dip to the left
If not, it will fail.

--- End quote ---

The indicators are orange on both of them, and as you say being USA I would have thought red. The headlamps I guess I will have another look at them tomorrow and see if there are any markings on them, but a worse case is a new unit

Tomb:
My XS1100 has a dip to the right headlight, my MOTer says he normally sticks some tape over the headlight to make it pass the beam test.

In these days of car headlights that are that bright the blind you when meeting them in the lanes, and they're legal and up to date with vehicle construction and use regs, does my 2 candle power headlight dipping the wrong side really matter? ::)

Bryanj:
For all the details look at

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

Headlamp will need replacement but any 7 inch will fit as long as its not a 400

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version