Author Topic: Hello from Kettering  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Dan

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Hello from Kettering
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
Hi.
Like some others on here I have just found the UK site after browsing topics on the US site.

I've been biking in one form or another for the past 26 years but have had only a small number of bikes in that time - I've had my GSXR since 1997 and before that had a KR1S, FZR600 TZR250 and a Honda Express(!). I also had a 2003 Z1000 for a couple of years.

I bought my 400/4 in October 2011. It hasn't been on the road since 1988 but between then and now had undergone some restoration by the previous owner. He replaced the rims and spokes with pattern parts, shocks (Hagon), had the frame resprayed and had overhauled the carbs and ignition. After that he lost interest and the bike had sat in a barn for another 4 or 5 years. I bought it (with some haggling) for
1994 GSXR750WR Endurance rep
1975 CB400F ongoing project

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Kettering
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum , looks like you have a decent bike to start with and the majority of the work has been done for you  ;)

time to put your mark on it and make it what you want it to look like, theres plenty of choice for vendors for these bikes also check out our sister site in the USA

for some inspirationn www.sohc4.net

good luck and keep us up to date with how your getting on plenty of photos  8), cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:28:06 AM by mick »

MIKE550/4

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
hi

nice project, currently restoring a k3 myself and not to far from you over in corby

mike

Offline Dan

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
Hi Mick and Mike,

I have been on the US site and found it very useful, not only for inspiration but also for solutions - my bike came with a big box of parts to refit to it. Alot of them are not really usable (perished rubber hoses etc) and some are new and unused including a brand new pattern silencer from DS Spares. I will sell this on for a knock-down price to help fund my rebuild.

Also will sell the original seat (good condition) and front brake master cylinder (needs rebuild).

If anyone needs any of these parts then please contact me.

Cheers

Dan
1994 GSXR750WR Endurance rep
1975 CB400F ongoing project

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal