Author Topic: Indicators  (Read 8817 times)

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
Re: Indicators
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
Hi David,

If there are 2 wires for each  indicator,front only (RHS colour code light blue&light blue white strip) (LHS colour code orange&orange with white strip) green cable is the earth. As Bryan mentioned the indicator lamps will have a dual element. One element that stayed on 'position' the other element for flashing/indication, American market model. I think you have a K3 model, the wiring diagram is in the Clymer workshop manual but not in the Haynes manual

Alan

PS I think you will need to disconnect the 'position' circuit for the UK
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
Hi David,

If there are 2 wires for each  indicator,front only (RHS colour code light blue&light blue white strip) (LHS colour code orange&orange with white strip) green cable is the earth. As Bryan mentioned the indicator lamps will have a dual element. One element that stayed on 'position' the other element for flashing/indication, American market model. I think you have a K3 model, the wiring diagram is in the Clymer workshop manual but not in the Haynes manual

Alan

Thanks bigal, playing about trying to post pics at the minute with the thread I got. I guess what you mean is just use one of the wires then the indicator one.

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »

Cant get a picture to load its too large, went onto photobucket as somebody mentioned to me but I dont have a clue what you are meant to do, spent two hours and no further forward.

I wrote a FAQ on this for SOHC4.net:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=14605.msg93296#msg93296
Some of the limits are different but it's basically the same.

Steve

First go at sending a photo so hope it worked

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
Hi David,

Alan

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
Hi David,

If there are 2 wires for each  indicator,front only (RHS colour code light blue&light blue white strip) (LHS colour code orange&orange with white strip) green cable is the earth. As Bryan mentioned the indicator lamps will have a dual element. One element that stayed on 'position' the other element for flashing/indication, American market model. I think you have a K3 model, the wiring diagram is in the Clymer workshop manual but not in the Haynes manual

Alan

Waiting on the decals for the tank and then its getting painted the orange it should be.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:17:03 PM by SteveD CB500F »

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
With those brackets the indicator stems should go through the holes behind the shell mounting bolts which should be solid and not have wires through them, not all the indicator heads have colour coded wires you have to check the bulb and find out which wire lights the bright fillament and connect that to the solid orange or blue wire leaving the othe loose along with the white stripped orange and blue in the loom

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
With those brackets the indicator stems should go through the holes behind the shell mounting bolts which should be solid and not have wires through them, not all the indicator heads have colour coded wires you have to check the bulb and find out which wire lights the bright fillament and connect that to the solid orange or blue wire leaving the othe loose along with the white stripped orange and blue in the loom

Got a couple of lamps and stalks off DS today should get them tomorrow, he gave me two headlamp bolts as well. Struggling to get a headlamp, the car ones are as rare as the bike ones, I'm thinking that I may be better getting a complete lamp off fleebay and use the glass unit, 24 quid. I tried an assessory shop for one but no luck either. Not given up yet though.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »
Bigger pictures would be good  :)

Try 600px or 800px wide for a start.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Bigger pictures would be good  :)

Try 600px or 800px wide for a start.

They were all big, too big, I brought them down one size, but today all of them are tiny, did somebody on here do that. Too small now.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »
When you link to a remote hosting site, the picture just appears here exactly as it is there - you can't resize it.

Are you sure you're not linking to the thumbnails?
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
When you link to a remote hosting site, the picture just appears here exactly as it is there - you can't resize it.

Are you sure you're not linking to the thumbnails?

For a while they were on here almost a full page, the one showing the headlamp was the first one and it was tiny, I then went for three sizes larger and it was too large I thought, so I went down a size and it was fine.

I'm new at this but I viewed them on here after I posted them and they were fine.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 05:04:11 PM »
I've had a look at your Photobucket site and the images are 120x90 only. If I expand them they are all pixelated.

Photobucket is either resizing them (downwards) or you have uploaded small pictures.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 05:19:15 PM »
I've had a look at your Photobucket site and the images are 120x90 only. If I expand them they are all pixelated.

Photobucket is either resizing them (downwards) or you have uploaded small pictures.

Photobucket has done something if I try to resize them they become pixelated as well, looks like I have to do new photos but need to find out how they became so small and wont resize now on photbucket. They were ok for a few hours on here as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal