Author Topic: K2 Seat base  (Read 1652 times)

701arvn

K2 Seat base
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
Hi All,

I have a K2 seat base that has previously been recovered. The cover had been attached using pop rivets, having removed them and the old cover it looks like the original seat cover fixings are present and correct. I'm hoping someone on the board can confirm this is the case.

All things being equal there should be some photos below. Any help appreciated as I don't have another seat base to check against.

The rust looks worse that it is, it's just superficial and the tabs that I think are there to fix the cover look strong and use-able. Not sure yet whether I'll have a go at covering it myself or prep and paint the base and have someone do the cover.

Thanks, Andy

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: K2 Seat base
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:15:20 AM »
Hi yes your seat pan looks ok i can't see anything missing  ;), cheers Mick.

701arvn

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
Thanks Mick, do you know how the side tabs grip the seat cover - do they just clamp it against the black trim?

Andy

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
Thanks Mick, do you know how the side tabs grip the seat cover - do they just clamp it against the black trim?

Andy

The tabs on my two were folded towards the seat centre, that way I guess it stretches the material. I pulled the material over the foam onto the clips then put the trim on around the seat, this pulled it nice and tight. I then left it for a day or so to take the shape, took the trim off, took off one side at a time glued it and then refitted it and trimmed the material. I never got a cover with Honda on the back but managed to get a stencil so will put it on with fabric paint.

701arvn

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »
Thanks David that's really useful.

Andy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal