Author Topic: K0  (Read 5165 times)

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: K0
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »
Here's Eamon's K0 on the day that Classic Bike tested it for a feature.

Since sold  :'(

Lovely bike, such a nice sound as well from them. I watched a video of a road test of a 750, but what are they actually like to ride and own, from an owners point of view.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »
The bike is relisted a couple of k cheaper now,  as not many of the key parts that make a k0 are on it, i will be interested to see how it does now

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »
Eamon got
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »

Lovely bike, such a nice sound as well from them. I watched a video of a road test of a 750, but what are they actually like to ride and own, from an owners point of view.

;) the early cb750's sound a lot nicer than the k2's~ they have more of a howl from the pipes when you give them some stick,and i like the riding position high bars and the big comfy seat they are more suited for touring i have done some high mileage runs on these bikes, by todays standards they dont go or stop anything like my 07 1200 bandit, but for cruising around at more legal speeds its perfect,i get over 50 to the gallon and a back tyre can last over 4000 miles i havent changed a front tyre in years and brakes last forever,one of my 750's has already done over 50,000 miles and another has over 44,000 miles all they need is regular oil changes
the only real down-side  ,these bikes are over forty years old ,so you need to be pretty positive with your gear changes, pick your spot when to overtake and give yourself i bit of room for brakeing,saying that my cb750 sidecar outfit has awesome brakes (twin discs on the front) i think compared to brittish classics they cant be beat ,things like electric start are a godsend if you have ever seen someone trying to start a big twin ;D

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »

;) the early cb750's sound a lot nicer than the k2's~ they have more of a howl from the pipes when you give them some stick,and i like the riding position high bars and the big comfy seat they are more suited for touring i have done some high mileage runs on these bikes, by todays standards they dont go or stop anything like my 07 1200 bandit, but for cruising around at more legal speeds its perfect,i get over 50 to the gallon and a back tyre can last over 4000 miles i havent changed a front tyre in years and brakes last forever,one of my 750's has already done over 50,000 miles and another has over 44,000 miles all they need is regular oil changes
the only real down-side  ,these bikes are over forty years old ,so you need to be pretty positive with your gear changes, pick your spot when to overtake and give yourself i bit of room for brakeing,saying that my cb750 sidecar outfit has awesome brakes (twin discs on the front) i think compared to brittish classics they cant be beat ,things like electric start are a godsend if you have ever seen someone trying to start a big twin ;D

I had a BSA 650 and it was quite difficult to start, not purely from you kicking it, but it kicking you. Wicked little bastid so it was when it was cold. It pissed oil out all over the place, and fell to bits regularly. To stop anybody nicking it you were meant to take the end off the mag and it wouldnt start but it would, so it was a rusty chain and padlock. I think we forget about how bad they were and hanker for one again, not for me though, I cant remember how many times I had to run down my street bump starting the damn things.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »
I had a BSA 650 and it was quite difficult to start
  ;) exactly we don't want to go down that road again  yes been there done that and had the t-shirt,
    i had a  1968 BSA spitfire, i often kicked my guts out trying to start it,and i regularly pushed it home,it just wanted to vibrate itself to pieces,when it did run it handled like it was on rails ,fast easy to wheelie and ground the pegs, ;D "jap crap" for me "britt sh*t" no contest

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
Here ya go, a bit of old Brit style with Honda reliability ;D ;D

Clicky
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
Here ya go, a bit of old Brit style with Honda reliability
  ;) Yes i saw that before Xmas looks quite nice, i might even put a bid on it ,theres one thing about Nortons and British bikes in general they know how a bike should handle  8)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:11 AM »
Now would that be a Norda or a Honton

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal