Author Topic: cam shaft oil starvation  (Read 7193 times)

Offline ChrisD

• CB750 K0
    • View Profile
Re: cam shaft oil starvation
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »
Hello top end fixer.

Yep will post some pics when rebuild starts in ernest, just wanted to get engine running properly as always did have idle probs but not so now as utrasoniced the carbs  and balanced ,all new internals to carbs and set floats properly. It now sounds the bizz. When I brought the bike in 1980 (yes I have had it that long) it was all black and would not run as some one had fitted the carb slides the wrong way round. When I rebuilt it in 88 the camshaft had a roller bearing conversion (never seen one before or since) which i ruined due to the too much holymer prob and fitted a later head, I now have a few spares and the original head will go back on when I get to that stage but will go in with all new primarysand camshaft chain and anything else tha needs doing. I have learnt a lot since a while back so hopefully this rebuild will go better and I am taking it back to it original colour which is candy blue green, however am having probs getting fork ears and finding some one who can respray the tank etc. So all is ongoing and cheers all for the info.

Chris.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »
It's really funny looking back at how little you know at each different point and also how much you learn and fill in the gaps.

Sounds like you've got a good plan going now though so you'll have a nice motor to get you out and about with.

I think the sealant thing is slightly odd in that you obviously try to make sure it's oil tight with anything you assemble, but you can't believe just how much excess squeezes out until you see it for yourself at the next dissasembly. I used to look after one for someone that used to beat the hell out of it so it came apart quite a few times to fix broken gearbox bits, you just learn from it I guess but it can be expensive with certain of the bits.

It will be good to see as you get along with.

Offline ChrisD

• CB750 K0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »
Cheers K2-K6.   I'll keep you posted as things progress at the mo cant do a lot due to shifts etc but soon hopefully I can get the frame etc away for powder coat fairly soon.   Take care. ChrisD.

Offline ChrisD

• CB750 K0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
Just a quick update on rebuild, frame and swing arm now away for powder coating, engine yet to be stripped and cleaned. Not to sure if I am going to have the cases painted etc but my thoughts are heading that way. Sorry for no posts lately its been hetic and time has been in short supply. Will hopefully get back to the K0 shortly as the guys who are doing the frame are on hols so will post some pics when I pick frame up. take care all. Chris.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal