Author Topic: Spare Engine Rebuild.  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Spare Engine Rebuild.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
Mick, they have the "K" shape oil drain holes at the bottom and the 8 extra rubber sleeves(should have the hollow dowels as well) which means it cannot be a up to K4 according to my very early parts book.

From aged memory, here in UK, the first to have the extra rubbers was the F1 so my best guess is and F1 with the Yoshi kit

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
Hi Bryan it does have the extra rubber sleeves and the metal dowels , it would be handy if the Barrells were F1  as the bottom end is ,  just need to get a F1 head then i'd have a decent motor   8), cheers Mick.

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
Hi Mick, this may be handy, my F1 barrels as they left the factory (first strip) and rebuild photos, can't find any pics of the bottom though.

Cheers

Den

1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Hi Den thanks for the photos, i think i have got it sorted now, it looks like i have F1 bottom end barrels & pistons ,

so at some point i just need to find a F1 head , to make a complete engine,  i haven't touched it lately it been to cold in the shed ,

my next plan is to empty the crankcases and clean them maybe get them vapour blasted? the engine is only going to sitting around again so i don't know if its

worth painting until i need it?, how you doing with your bikes have you done anything to the F2 yet?, cheers Mick.

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Hi Mick, the F2 is on hold at the moment as it's too damp and cold out in the "man cave", I did start refurbishing some of the parts and the top end is off, I rebuilt it many years ago with new valves, springs, pistons, rings etc, and it has not run since but I wanted to check it out before running it. Hopefully when the weather gets better I will restart working on it, I already have lots of parts for it, and it will not be as meticulous a build as the F1 so should not take too long.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

62tt

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »
The F1 and F2 heads had the extra oil seal recesses in the top face as has already been suggested (there is also a cut-away in the liners for this recess)............HOWEVER, the later K engines also used this design, but I do not know when this was introduced? Bryanj suggests up to K4 were a different design to the later ones, and I would say he's probably on the money?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal