Author Topic: Just written off my bike in a nasty accident  (Read 6240 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Just written off my bike in a nasty accident
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »
Sorry to see your bad news Pete, and hope they've got your bones back in the right place for you.

As the others have already said although it's serious at least it's not more severe!

I hope your recovery goes well and gets you fully back to normal.

At least it wasn't the F2 after all that hard work.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear that, although still really nasty, at least it wasn't worse.  Best wishes for your recovery.

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »
Jesus Pete - you don't do things by halves, do you?

Really sorry to hear about your off, but it's good to hear you're OK (in a manner of speaking).  That's a nasty looking break you've got yourself, although it looks clean enough from the x-ray so with any luck you'll get a good fix.  Don't even want to think what the bike looks like . . .

Whilst not in your league, I was out of action for weeks before Christmas when I did something really unpleasant to my back (I'm still waiting an MRI to find out where my sciatic nerve is trapped) - but it was bad enough that I couldn't do some of the stuff you're struggling with.  I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I've got a pretty good idea.

Best wishes chap.  Keep us updated with your progress.

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your accident and am glad you're still with us!  Hope it doesn't take too long for you to get back to your projects!
Rob

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
Bad news Pete. Hope the recovery is swift. Good luck with all the legal stuff

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
Sorry to hear Pete, get well soon mate.

Sam. ;)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »
How are you getting on Pete?

Are the bones setting OK?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »
Hi Nigel thanks for asking, I have a new arm brace fitted now so this is how my arm will stay for the next few months, i have xrays every two weeks from now to moniter how quickly it repairs, the doctor magnified the last xray and showed me the callus bone repair forming which he thinks is ok, and so i might not need an operation.
below are some of the pictures of brace and xrays,  the repair is not really visable in this as alot of detail is lost because it is my camera phone picture of his screen
please excuse the picture of my man titty, i am getting fatter as i am eating lots of protien to aid healing ( thats my excuse anyway)
pete

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
That sounds positive at least, and good if you can get away without an op.

A friend of mine stuffed his leg a few years ago in a bike crash and it was quite severely damaged (this isn't meant to be scary) but what impressed me was the skill and attention he got from the NHS. There are many gripes about the NHS but I was amazed at how they fixed what was a complex injury and just kept going at it to sort it out.

The x-rays are quite cool! you'll have to get that rabbit going on the restos now.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »
the first two pictures are after 2 months of being in plaster and arm brace, the las two are  final xrays from a week ago it shows that my bones heal quite quickly, i am very pleased with the recovery
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal