Author Topic: clutch not engaging and dragging !!  (Read 7205 times)

Online mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: clutch not engaging and dragging !!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
heres a photo of just the basket with no washers.

i measured down a spline to to the tip of the shaft to get this one.

heres the washer it has a flat side and a domed side the domed side faces outwards .

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
Mick

As you can see from the time I posted this Im on nights and maybe not seeing correctly but does the washer on my photos look a hell of alot bigger than yours ? and from what I remember it isnt dished in anyway all there is is a dished washer under the nut to hold the clutch on to the shaft ?
could the size make any differance ? as you see it does cover both parts of the shaft ?
Ill look at my clutch yet again when I get up and check it against your measurements and photos.
it looks like your clutch assembly is about the size of mine.

Thanks again for taking your time to photo your engine its much appreciated as I would be realy stuck without your advice and help

Amos  ;D
Amos

Online mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
Hi my bleedin puter crashed on me last night heres some more photos i was going to post last night.

heres the washer on its own

all the clutch assembly just loosley fitted in the basket

Online mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:17 AM »
That washer definatly looks different don't know how much difference it would make? try fitting your clutch without it and see if it makes a difference? but i wouldn't ride it without it as it must be there for a reason?, good luck  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
Mick and everyone that has been living my nightmare !!!

THAT BLOODY WASHER !!!! that's all I can say

When I looked at 3am this morning at Mick's picture of the washer on his I saw that the one fitted on mine (this came with my bike at the time I bought it and not with the clutch assembly i bought so I thought it must be ok ?) I had a bit of a "eureka" moment and realised that that washer was far too big and should fit on the centre part of the shaft and not push against the outer cage section.. which again the problem I had the clutch not clearing obviously the washer was pushing on the outer cage and not disengaging if you know what I mean ?
as you can see from the photos I got the old grinder out this afternoon and set about making the large washer into a smaller on,more like Mick's this fit in the gap between the two shafts.

Once all put back together it actually clears now and you can move the bike in any gear with out it walking forwards !!!!!!!and click it into neutral whilst the clutch is engaged

A really small thing but its made my Bloody day !!

Thanks again Mick for your Photos and great help

I will probably looking at replacing the "adjusted washer " and locking washers with new once tested over the next month..

Cheers Amos   
Amos

Online mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
Nice one Amos  8), glad you got it sorted , sometimes a picture is worth a 1,000 words glad i could help  ;), now go and enjoy your bike cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal