Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Indicators ???

(1/5) > >>

kifer:
Nearly ready for MOT but cannot decide on what indicators to fit. Do they have to be fitted for MOT? Bike is registered 1978
I remember my old 1979 Briton had none as standard.

LesterPiglet:
If the switchgear is there for them they must be installed and working.

matthewmosse:
unscrew / balank off the switch if your MOT tester is particuarly picky - like none I've ever used has had an issue with no indicators on an old bike, even where switches are fitted, but with most bikes so long as the indicators are not fitted then it's ok so long as the bike is either pre '85 manufacture or sigle seat limited road use (trail bike)
Personally I always run road bikes with indicators fitted (if I can get them working, I have put a bike through an mot with them removed if they are miss behaving, but I genrally try to keep them in good order). 500/4 indicators are fitting with the bike (if it's a 500/4), 550k3 ones might be right for a k3 but if I gave a cobblers about the look I'd still retrofit the earlyer ones as I think they look better. At the end of the day it's one less excuse for some numpty in a car to give as to why they knocked you off. Anything that makes me safer for so very little effort is worth it.

LesterPiglet:
They are barstewards over here for MOT. They were gonna fail my car because the tester felt it was too noisy. They don't have any way of measuring the noise output.

Tomb:
I've been using lots of different MOTers over years (and worked in an MOT bay) My bikes don't have indicators but do have switches, and have never even been mentioned. The rule is if you have indicators (or any other lights) they have to work, I can't find any reference to switches in the MOT testers handbook.

You could always get the MOT doen then sort indicators out, or like me ....use your arm ;D    ....pretty hard to leave an indicator on that way ::) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version