Author Topic: Nearly done!  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly done!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »
My exhaust change idea was merely to hint at whether the valve guides were the problem before the motor comes out.

Check guides etc and if in any way suspect replace. I would recommend you get Hondamans book, expensive but that kinda knowledge built up over the years is priceless. There is a lot of stuff in there on improving top end oiling etc.

As for other stuff, depends on the mileage of the motor and how far you are stripping it really.

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly done!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
Was just idly searching through some old files and came across the attached, no idea where I got it, I just post here for the advice regarding valves. I have no experience of F2s, hopefully someone who has will add their comments on this, just thought it might be useful. In case you can't read it clearly it says:

"Stamped steel retainers are used on all models. On F2 models with their heavier springs retainers often fail. Also keepers seem to 'work' against the valve stems leading to valve failures. In either case severe engine damage can occur. Replace retainers (or complete spring set) and valves when you have any F2 apart"

Comments anyone?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal