Author Topic: Stafford Show  (Read 2362 times)

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Stafford Show
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
How many members on here are going to Stafford Classic Bike Show on Sunday ?
I'm travelling down by car with friends and hoping to meet up with one or two other owners.
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Show
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »
Hi Meerkat i'm going tomorrow with a couple of mates  ;), but i'll be at Wray on thursday so see you there, cheers Mick.

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
I don't go to the April Stafford show any more, I have done for years in the past when riding my old Triumph, I prefer the Oct Stafford show coz its more early Jap bike related, the April show was always more Brit bike stuff.

I have a feeling the two have kinda levelled out with their content, let me know what it was like.

I always show my Yam 1100 on the XS1100 stand in Oct, its a club stand so the bikes ain't show bikes, well mine ain't  ;D ;D

I'll try to get to Wray next Thursday too
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
Hi Tom your right it has kinda levelled out with jap & Brit, its a day out for the lads really 4 of us going haven't seen each other for a while you know the crak  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
My brother just phoned to ask me if I want to go down with him, I was sorely tempted but need the brownie points at home.

Drive shaft to take out of my camper tomorrow if the weathers not too bad, think of me when you're having fun, have a look out for a 500/4 gearbox for me :o   ....or fourth gear at least

See ya Thursday where you can make me sick at how good a show it was.
Tom
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
Hi Tom well you didn't miss much in my opinion, it was F..kin freezing though it did stay dry ,

to be honest with you there was more brit stuff than there was jap and it was a lot quieter than it normally is, £12 to get in and burger & chips £7.40?

i only spent the £12 to get in, a lot of the stalls were just repeats of each other cheap tools etc,

think i might be taking a leaf out of your book next year and just do October,  see you thursday  ;) cheers Mick.   

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »
Good luck with the weather for Sunday!!!  I went Saturday to keep clear of the rain - freezing,  didn't think much of it, it seems to be going down hill for me and I shan't go again .  The autojumble is reducing in amount and quality probably because of ebay although one or two did find what they needed.  Years ago when I did my Norton there was loads of stuff to root through.   

Being a cheapskate we always take our own food and drink!!

Rob

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
I went yesterday and was very disappointed, It was bitterly cold, wet, windy and I never bothered to look round outside.
It took me till 3.00 o'clock to decide to spend any money after arriving at quarter to nine. Some of the outside stalls were packing up at 1.00 and some had even had enough at 12.00. I hope they had a better days trading on Saturday.
Fingers crossed for a dry Thursday evening - Classic Bike Night at Wray.
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
Blimey! glad I didn't go now, £12!!!??? really???!!!! CRAP!!!!

last time I paid to get in it was about £6 and I thought that was getting a bit steep.

I go to the October Classic Mechanics mag show at Stafford in my camper with bike on the trailer, yeah yeah I know, bike on a trailer softy ::), My missus and kids would drive our camper for a weekend away and used to ride my bike the 150 miles but two lots of fuel costs were getting silly.

Its a club stand (Yam XS1100 forum based owners club), we have great time, we have a club tent (old frame tent) with gas heater and have a party on Friday and Saturday nights. Its a great way to meet each other and put faces to names, a few of the Irish lads come over, great for exchanging parts swaps/sales too. Every bike shown gets two complimentary free entry tickets and a vehicle pass.

I was thinking it'd be a good craic for you lads to do as well, all you do is make an enquiry with Mortons. Click
Tom
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »