Author Topic: Alan screw conversion  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Alan screw conversion
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
Hi All,
I am re assembling a 400-4 engine for a friend and he wants all the engine cover screws replaced with stainless alan screws.

Anyone know of a good supplier? (Whole set in one go)

Thanks

Seamus

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Alan screw conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
Custom fastners in Newtown Powys do list a set mail order, I've always found them good to deal with and found them competative. I've never had to order stuff though as they are only 20 miles away and I work in that town anyway. Worth asking them if the set includes rocker cover bolts as I think it might not, you'll probably find button head allen screws are needed as extras as normal allen head screws foul the tappett covers - I'm geussing on this as it was a problem on my very similar 550/4's and I did them a long time ago so cannot recall if there were definately rocker cover bolts included in the set or if I needed to buy some for a different engine.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline steven400/4

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
cb400f2 x7
honda ss 50
gsx 1400

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
Thank you both Gentlemen.

I have used Custom Fasteners in the past, but forgot about them 9lost the bookmark..)

Nice link to the ebay item Steven.

Thanks again

Seamus

Offline jcknapp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »
Also McMaster-Carr has any screw, any head, any size you want. They also come in different hardnesses, types of metal and fast shipping. In the U.S. but I order from there weekly and love them.
TON UP!!!

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
Thanks for that one, I will add it to my list of bike bit suppliers.
Cheers

Seamus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal