Author Topic: cb750 carbs  (Read 9569 times)

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: cb750 carbs
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »
Did you clean the plugs before the run / chop? I have found in the past that it takes a while to 'overcoat' the previous colour after a tweak. As for the colour its a bit hard to see but in general I agree the outside looks a bit sooty ( rich ) but the inner looks a little on the white side. If you didn't clean the plugs I would guess this is consistent with the fact the plugs have been running lean for a while but rich on the 'blast'.

Personally, now its running better and you have richened the idle circuit I would clean the plugs and just run it for a while then check again, reckon it could be OK now.

Know what you mean re feeling 19 again, I, er, 'exersized' my F1 to overtake something the other day and it brought an involuntary silly grin to my face, long time since thats happened!

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: cb750 carbs
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Know what you mean re feeling 19 again, I, er, 'exersized' my F1 to overtake something the other day and it brought an involuntary silly grin to my face, long time since thats happened!
Spot on Waggles me too Yes I did clean the plugs I will do what you suggest and keep a eye on it.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal