Author Topic: Searching for 750 K2??  (Read 2698 times)

jimshea

Searching for 750 K2??
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:13:39 AM »
I am posting this on behalf of a friend..

Dear UK SOHCers....it will soon be spring and time to get back on the road

A heavy dose of nostalgia has inspired me to look for my old 72 CB750K2...I had it back in 82-84...
the first owner-now in his 70s-is still around,but only just.He rides a scooter these days,and has been on 2 wheels for over 50 years..!

I would love to find that old bike and reunite him with it,even just for a ride or for him to have it back again,just to \"have\".

It was last known of in about 1985 in the Essex/East London area..it was black with a 4-1 pipe and a Craven rack.DVLA records show last reg docs issued in 1985 and nothing since...

The reg is/was               OYP 668L

It was a real reliable old beast...I hope its out there somewhere....maybe an SOHCer has it..?

If anyone knows anything about the bike,please get in touch...

We'll all get old one day,and time will come when we \"cant get our leg over anymore\"
but to ride back to the first owners street,park up and see him hobbling out on his sticks to see his old \"beauty\" would be magic.I dont even have a photo any more...long gone....

It was that bike that introduced me to CB750s back in 1972..I was but a kid,the bike seemed huge and a \"monster\" as he called it.Years on I rode pillion,then had the bike myself for a while,but I couldnt afford to insure/fix/run it in the 80s

The years are running away now,we cant turn the clock back but we can sure as hell try..!

Please,if anyone knows anything,please let me know.Beer/bike part/whatever tokens will be forthcoming.

Thanks all

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal