SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

some last problems

(1/3) > >>

mickwinf:
Still working on last few jobs on the 500/4, carbs to go back on, exhaust, waiting for a few parts to arrive and also the tank to be painted, so getting there! One small problem is the oil strainer in the sump, it seems to be quite loose in its housing, is this normal ? I worry it might rattle about when running. Also is there a proper way to adjust the clutch using the big screw on the l/h engine case cover?

Bryanj:
Answer (1)   Normal

(2) its all in the manual

mickwinf:
well most of the small jobs done so filled with oil and petrol, started second kick, result! But only running properly on 2 cyls, nos 1 and 2 exhausts are not as hot as the other 2. I suspect carbs, they have been rebuilt and ultrasonically cleaned. Head and barrel have been off one ring replaced and all gaskets renewed. I have not yet looked into it but would like some guesses on the most likely cause. I am feeling a bit like i have been here before, see my previous posts!!

Bryanj:
If its 1 & 2 it can't be spark unless both plugs have given up at exactly the same time There is one petrol feed to 1 & 2 and another to 3 & 4 so check that

mickwinf:
tank has been cleaned and sealed with new tap and genuine fuel line, petrol is reaching float chambers.Plugs are new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version