Author Topic: It's better in the Wind  (Read 2754 times)

Offline jakesthename

• View Profile
It's better in the Wind
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
Just thought I'd share this short film, just love it and it makes me want to go for a long, long, long road trip:
Actually taken by a photographer, the filming is lovely. Shame the weather in UK is so on and off!

Jake.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: It's better in the Wind
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed that.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing Jake loved it  8), makes me want to drag the cover off my bike and go for a long ride to anywere,

but its pissing it down up here in Lancaster hoping for some dry weather soon  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Yeah me too good reminds me when I used to jump on the bike and bugger of somewhere for the weekend.The lads I hung around with used to call this milk and alcohol time go to a place get sloshed sleep where you fell and next morning drink milk and eat a fry up.All this is probably why I have a dreadfull back.Thanks for the memories
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline jakesthename

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
Ha! that sounds like some great memories :)

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
Hey Makes you want to do it all again, Went out last week [over suit on ] in the dark and wet did 70miles and enjoyed it,
Do you think I may need to talk to some one? Tom.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Why? you averse to enjoyment!!

Just know that if i tried that now you would find me and the bike in a conjoined heap when my back wouldn't move and the legs gave up!!!

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
Cheers Bryanj Have found the older I get the more I am riding but have to have a nice warm suit and gloves, Its her in doors who thinks i'm mad.
Jake I think you have started allot of nostalgia trips after the vid. best times out for me were 70's and 80's no money but go anyway he he.
Maybe there should be a nostalgia section I'm sure we all have good stories from the days with the boys.

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »
Ah Nostalgia!!

I have very fond memories of biking Hols down in the West country and now my F1 is on the road I am determined to get down there again. Mind you, I did a trip from Essex to Lincoln a little while back and found the bike has a lot more stamina than me now! Oh my aching bones! Am still determined though just might have to build up to it a bit or fit myself with grease nipples :)  the Scottish trip may have to wait a bit longer!

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
Questionable behaviour in the sleeping bag at the start. Must be enjoying it!!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal