SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Honda CB750 F1 cafe racer seat ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

cb750stu:
Hi Folks, heres a few pics of my seat i am going to fit,

I probably will have to cut the rear part of the frame and weld on a loop and make up some brackets to line up with the 4 mounting bolts,watch this space !!!!

Its really well made good sturdy fibreglass,really well made seat unit which unbolts from the tray also there should be plenty of room under the hump to hide away some of the electrics,i got it directly from Vonzetti instead of going through ebay,it cost me £200 and they do all colours of stitching piping,

Regards Stuart

cb750stu:
Test fit !!!

Yoshi823:

--- Quote from: K2-K6 on November 21, 2012, 02:08:57 PM ---That does look very good Yoshi, didyou say you used a 900 front fork on it?

--- End quote ---

I ended up fitting 35mm forks from a CBX1000Z which gave me plenty of room to mess around with front height as i'd fitted some rear shocks from a CB900/CBX1000 as well, which are a good 30mm longer than standard 750F2 shocks & gave much better ground clearance.

K2-K6:
That looks like a nicely made unit stu, think you're right that it would be best integrated with a frame loop to match to seat profile. It's heading toward more of a "British" cafe racer look with that profile I guess which mostly fitted round a looped rear frame.

That's interesting Yoshi as you seem to have been way ahead of the design curve there in that people making specials for decades have gone for a lowering of the center-of-gravity as you've raised it........which is what they are all doing now in Moto-Gp as they corner faster this way especially with the sort of tyres used now.

Yoshi823:

--- Quote from: K2-K6 on November 24, 2012, 10:35:23 AM ---That's interesting Yoshi as you seem to have been way ahead of the design curve there in that people making specials for decades have gone for a lowering of the center-of-gravity as you've raised it........which is what they are all doing now in Moto-Gp as they corner faster this way especially with the sort of tyres used now.

--- End quote ---

I wanted more ground clearance as the sticky tyres available in the early '80s were nothing by comparison to todays. But as the development of my 750 Special progressed I had some wider rim CMAs specially made so that I could fit Metzeler Comp K tyres in a wider fitment ie. a 160x18 ME1 rear and a 110x18 ME33 front. With the uprated suspension it handled really well, regularly outcornering more modern bikes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version