Author Topic: Negative response from Honda to dating certificate  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Negative response from Honda to dating certificate
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
I enquired to Honda in early August this year for a dating certificate for my L reg CB500-4. The bike was a UK model and was first registered in early May 1973 which led me to believe it would be a pre 1973 manufacture and so tax exempt. Consulted with Bryan and studied his list and my engine/frame number would be consistent with a May 1972 build date.
After some weeks I had had no response from Honda so I rang them to enquire what the hold up was, was told they had never got the letter so I sent another in mid September by registered mail, again this letter seemed to fall into a black hole, my phone number and e-mail address were on the letter but no contact at all from Honda.

After 4 weeks I rang them again, they said they had recieved the letter this time and had sent to Japan for them to consult the archives. Waited and waited and still no repsonse, so last week I rang Honda again, was told an e-mail would be sent to the relevant dept and they would contact me. Again nothing, until this morning when a letter arrived from Honda. Thinking it was finally my dating certificate I opened it with great anticipation, only the letter just said we can't help you and here's your cheque back.

Had anyone ever got this response from Honda? I've rang to complain today to ask them why a first rate company like Honda can't find a record of my bike, why considering the fact the bike was clearly a pre 73 build they couldn't at least supply a certificate stating this. I'm awaiting their response.
Don't play stupid with me, I'm better at it

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Negative response from Honda to dating certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that Oddjob, i've only done it once and had a first class experience  ;), might be worth seeing what there response is to your complaint before you try again?, cheers Mick.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Negative response from Honda to dating certificate
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
No response whatsoever to my complaint, was told that they had 3 days to reply to comply with Hondas policy, to date nothing at all. Will ring again tomorrow and lodge another complaint about them ignoring my intial complaint, not giving up, if I have to e-mail Japan itself I will do in order to get my dating certificate.
Don't play stupid with me, I'm better at it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal