Author Topic: Yamaha virago 750  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Yamaha virago 750
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »
Hi All,
Any you guys own one?I am trying to sort out a mates bike it keeps blowing main fuse.When the reg/rectifier is disconnected main fuse does not blow.
When testing the unit there are 3 white wires and one red when I do a continuity test there is a direct short between one white wire and the red.I guess this is the problem.
Can someone if any that own one do a check on theirs and let me know?
Many Thanks
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline clive

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha virago 750
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
try google ing virago star owners club, there are a few sites/forums that may help
cb500/4, 535 virago, sunny south yorkshire, apart from floods, earthquakes

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
If that is the 750 shaft drive V twin there was a problem with reg/rec if the earths were not kept clean and good

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
Bryan
It is that you say.I do have to say what a stupid place to put this open to all the crude from the road behind the footrest.
Cheers to all
Thanks
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »
I can remember the 750 triple yam that first had troubles with the rectifier so yam produced a combined unit then they started going phutt so they went back to separate units BUT the new separate units were not compatible with the old separate units so you had to check a great list of part numbers!!!

Also the 1000 V twin had head gasket blowing problems and there was an upgrade kit to keep the shaped O ring round the cam chain tunnel away from the head gasket that was like a supersize wound exhaust gasket------Kit consisted of 2 x new barrels and 2 x new heads with all the gaskets!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal