Author Topic: 2nd shed break in  (Read 1516 times)

MIKE550/4

2nd shed break in
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:41 PM »
having already had bike parts stolen restoring this bike is now no fun for me

although this time no motorbike parts were stolen ( they had a field day with my other stuff ) cant help but think they will be back even with upping security

bike is a 550k frame stand et has been powercoated silver, mudguards have a rechome look like, engine had a to base gasket rebuild

i have all the parts for it except exhaust ( i have the original 4 into 4 ) including 2 brand nes tyres, plus all new parts including battery to rebuild, all dirty work has been done

want some help from you guys for a price complete if i decide to sell or do i go down route of selling individually
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:55:02 PM by MIKE550/4 »

MIKE550/4

Re: 2nd shed break in
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »
i am the second owner, i have the v5 ( and somewhere original one ) bike not been on road since 1983 so no need to sorn

if you have any questions please feel free to pm me

there are loads of new parts boxed for this bike and spent way to much on it

also new seat somehere as well as well as spare original pan

i would consider think about px/swap for smaller bike but ideally want to sell in 1 go to a member who would rebuild it

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »
That's a real shame if such a load of low lives can drive you to thinking about packing it all in.

Hope you get a change of heart. These bikes give us all a lot of pleasure and "me" time, irrespective of any market value.

All the best!

One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »
thats really bad news, I hope you can get your enthusiasm back, if only to stop me buying it!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
I hope you can get over the dammage done and continue with the project, it's very unlikely you'll get your money back selling a project in my oppinion. How might the shed be made more secure? could an array of locks and alarms be used to keep the scum out? I've found some of the cheap 12v alarms can be quite effective at scaring theiving scum off - especially if your shed in near or in sight of a house. wiring it up to lots of flasing lights can be quite effective.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal