Author Topic: planet blue nearest match?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline mancman

• View Profile
planet blue nearest match?
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
as the original honda paint codes dont seem to relate to a specific colour mix, has anybody  had any planet blue paintwork matched up by a body shop and if so, do you know what modern day colour they used ? ie, is there a vauxhall or a ford colour etc that is readily available that i could use to do a full paintjob ?   thanks garry

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: planet blue nearest match?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
Look up RS paints, they will do the correct paint BUT its a three pack and uses cyanide based paints

Offline mancman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
thanks bryanj,i had already tried them, but they said all their paint was now water based [so will that still have cyanide in it ?] the painter i have lined up to do the job for me said that water based paints were not as good as straightforward 2pack which he has always used and he would prefer me to give him a modern day equivelent ! i have approached a couple of other paintshops and they have said the same thing!      thanks garry

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
Hi Mancman, this is a mate of mine he has been a paint sprayer all his working life working on cars and bikes he now sells paint,

i'm not sure if he can help you or not but give him a ring he may be able to cheers Mick.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BIKECOLOURS/Other-/_i.html?_fsub=1&_sid=112730349&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »
The original paint was 3 pack as in silver base, transpartent colour( i know that sounds daft but the more coats the darker it gets) then a laquer. I have no idea what is in the water based paints as I dealt with RS in Bradford many years ago, could be work asking them for a "How to" sheet for them as they used to give one for the old paints.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal