SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

CB125S1

(1/1)

kifer:
Hi, Not been on for a while 750 on road now and going ok,
Is there anyone out there know about or better still have a CB125S 1975 drum brake model, I am building one out of boxes and have a problem with rear wheel spindle bushes any help would be great please.

florence:
What is the problem, I think I still have some of these spacers
in one of my old tool boxes somewhere.

kifer:
Cheers Florence, I think I've sussed it, I think [not sure] the bearing cover/spacer on sprocket side may be off another model or even  bike  though it fits it offsets the sprocket about 20mm to far in to the wheel middle also the spindle with the chain adjusters and castle nut seems to be 25mm to long on it shank, Have checked swing arm all seems to be true could do with a dimension between swing arm where spindle fits. Hope this makes sense Thanks.

florence:
I see, sounds like the wrong bit as you say.  Do you have the manual and the measurement, I may have the right bit somewhere?

kifer:
Thank again Florence, Just had a play centred the wheel up had a look in the Haynes I think its basically a bush about 12 to 14mm long with a disc attached to it about 40 odd mm dia that covers the bearing seal, lining the sprockets up the wheel measures centre  Most brob available through Mr Silvers, Just want to get the thing on its wheels , Got a problem with front wheel the speedo gear is missing not sure if these are available. Not many being broke on flea bay and not sure what other models used the drum brake.
Got a parts book on the way find them better than manuals at times. Should be a nice little fun bike for local. Maybe won't seem as quick as the one I rode in the 70's.

One last thing anyone used a colortune on there 750 found my old one and was going to give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version