Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Postage cost

(1/2) > >>

mickwinf:
Most of us sell bits on Ebay and suchlike, and as metal parts are heavy postage can be expensive. I sold a rear brake plate for a 550k3 and when I took it to the post office they were going to charge me £12 odd to send a £5 item so I would be loosing money. so I did some research and most couriers charge similar amounts, although there are some who charge less but my problem is I am not at home to wait for pickup. Then I discovered a company called Collect plus who use a network of local shops and businesses as drop off points, my nearest is a petrol station at the end of my road! You pay on line and print a label (you can link to your ebay account to get details) then take it to the drop off point, they scan it and give you a receipt, job done, £6.19 up to 5 kilo 3-5 days delivery or slightly more for 2 day. also includes tracking and insurance up to £50. I have sent parcel so hope it all works, if so will send all my heavier parts via this method

hairygit:
My Hermes operate a similar system with a lot of convenience stores taking parcels in from 8am to 8pm, again, good prices, and up to 15kg :D

Bryanj:
Trouble with Hermes is the delivery end is total Cr*p, at least it is in my area

hairygit:
Bryan, maybe you just live in a poorly covered area, I sent 2 parcels out monday  from Devon, both arrived today, one in stockport and one in Dursley (your neck of the woods?) and they advertise as 3-5 days ;D

mick:
I use parcel2go and interparcel both have been cheaper than the post office and fast delivery  8),

I sent a 4 into 1 exhaust last week picked up at about 1pmin Lancaster (north west) by city link and delivered next morning before 10am in Devon  ;)

well worth comparing prices, cheers Mick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version