Author Topic: Maybe selling all my spare parts  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Maybe selling all my spare parts
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:23:49 AM »
Giving some serious thought to selling all the spares I've amassed over the years, more NOS parts that I care to admit if I'm honest. These will include NOS sidepanels (black & Jade Green)) NOS K1 seat, NOS full set of exhausts plus a virtually complete gearbox all NOS. Those are just some I can remember, there should be some extremely rare or hard to source parts including a NOS rear bearing retainer.

I may also be selling a set of Lester wheels to fit the 500/550 plus a stack of other stuff.

Intend to put everything on E-Bay in order to maximise the potential for sale, I will however put links up to the auctions if or when I decide I can bear to part with them. Was intending to pass all these down to my son but TBH he wouldn't know what to do with them so might as well get a good holiday out of them for me and the missus.

Not going to do the DIBs thing, fairer if I just let them go to the highest bidder.
Don't play stupid with me, I'm better at it

MIKE550/4

Re: Maybe selling all my spare parts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
I would be interested in the 550 parts .. let us have the links when you put them on

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
The bike I'm intending to break/sell is really an amalgamation of the best of the 500 and 550. I love the 500 but some of the parts fitted as standard weren't IMO the best. For instance, the speedo needles used to bounce a lot at high speed, they were slanted to far forward so when you were head down ( I used to race the 500 at the time) it made seeing the rev counter difficult without you raising your head up. I was doing proddie racing at the time and the bike was used to go home on, racing on a budget eh  8) so it had to be essentially street legal. I replaced the 500 clocks with 550F2 clocks, blue one which I loved, the switchgear and all the top yoke area, clocks, headlight etc was 550. I have a lot of those parts NOS, there will also be a Cibie Z beam on offer if it's still ok. Lesters are converted to double front discs and may be sold, in essense it's everything I've been buying for the last 25 years, some if not most will still be bagged with part numbers, some will be extremely good condition second hand units, some you won't be able to find anywhere nowadays, I still have some spoked wheels lying around, some spare tanks, rear mudguards etc

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Is Cibie Z beam that concave one and I assume it would fit a 400F ?
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »
No it wouldn't, 400 Four had a smaller light unit than the other fours, all the big fours used a 7 inch unit, the 400 Four was nearer 5 and a half
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:18:44 AM »
No the Z beam is convex as in it domes outward. HairyGit is right, it's a 7" light unit and the 400 used a much smaller unit. They did do a Z beam for the 400 and that was concave.

Offline busa

• busa
  • SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 10:44:01 PM »
would be interested in exhausts if you still have them

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 02:51:58 AM »
I seem to recall you have the K3 Busa? if so the 500 exhausts won't fit.

I'm currently working in the Warrington area most days, just off Winwick Rd, near Tescos.

Offline busa

• busa
  • SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
thought I had seen on the other site   .net   that they cross fit     just the headers that fit   I. might be wrong!!!!!!

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 08:08:11 PM »
No I think it more to do with the hangers being in different places. Plus might also be a problem with the side stand, don't know for sure never tried to cross fit them myself.

Offline busa

• busa
  • SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »
I only need header pipes.   I will have to look into it to see if they will fit

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:47 AM »
Headers won't be hard to find mate, most members who have the 500 will have a set of them lying around from when the silencer parts just corroded away.

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 09:10:03 PM »
Hi Oddjob,

I'd be interested in the NOS K1 seat if you intend to sell, I had murder with Coolretrobikes trying to get mine restored. The sorry tale is on the US site. After getting the Florida police involved he finally produced a very expensive substandard replacement.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:13:02 PM by toucheturtle »

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:33 AM »
Believe it or not but I have 3 or maybe 4 seats in the loft. Only one is the NOS which my missus bought me for Xmas one year, she got what must have been the last one as I've never seen another since. Bought it on german e-bay and the robbing sods removed all the rubbers off it. I e-mailed them and said "what the hell" and they offered to sell me the rubbers for £30, considering I'd already parted with £200 for the seat I think they were having a giraffe. I've since bought the rubbers but haven't fitted them.

I intended to take the seat to Tony Archer and get him to make a perfect copy of it only in genuine leather, I always loved the chocolate block effect on the top, funny but my recollection of it was the blocks were deeper but my memory was playing tricks on me when I got the NOS one and they were much shallower. I may still do the Tony thing, might get him to do 3 seats in leather after having the bases powder coated and maybe even the sponge replaced with better stuff. You think they'd sell?

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »
I think most people would be looking for a stock look, better get a good original style cover from the likes of Morretti. Best to spend money on a leather cover for your own personal bike, I don't know if you'd get your money back trying to sell it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal