Author Topic: Reg number  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Reg number
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:07 AM »
They usually charge you a full year at the start and expect a proper reg within a month so yes, I used Carol Nash and argued for a second month when the local DVLA office arsed about and grudgingly got it

Offline neat street

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reg number
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »
I had this problem on an imported box of bits (Sorry, but was a lambretta and still have it), had done a complete build, got age/date verified from LCGB, applied for the reg and had to take it to the local vosa on a trailer who checked the eng and frame no,  I did get it moteed on the frame No first and insurance (they give you 30 days to get the reg No), insurance from Footman and James), I gave them the insurers a call when the reg took longer than expected, and they extended the 30 days for another couple of weeks till I got the reg and got it transferred to reg No. Very messy, cost was about 50 quid from memory for the reg and paperwork.  paperwork is a must which you can get from the local post office. Also note that you cannot sorn your bike either as you must pay at least the 6 months duty. hope this helps
CB500 1973
CB750F 1976
KLX250 1983
Lambretta SX200
Mini Mayfair 1984

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal