Author Topic: cb750s  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
cb750s
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
Hi Guys,
Need all off members advice.I am totally bored out of my brains and to try and elevate this by buying stuff I don't need and selling it on eBay for rusty washers.Now someone I know god knows where he gets them from he has two k2s 750s and wants a min off 2800 euros here in France.Questions for all members.
1, The last one he had did not not have 4 into 4s, head leaked,front brake seized solid,did not run and UK Reg and I don't think its worth that.The chrome was mainly OK but it also had a stupid 16 inch rear wheel as well and all that was just a quick look over.To get it to french speck is a min of 300 quid for paperwork alone as well.With the price of 4 into 4s now (happens I do have a spare set new 341s)whats your thoughts?
2.He buys mainly from dopes who moved here and realised its not that much fun and are returning home and do not want the aggro of taking them back with them,
I will see the 2ND one in November cant wait.
3. What would you guys be thinking at what I have  said and you do know you have the bike of your youth already and there,s bugger all wrong with it.I know its a a bit sketchy and will take photos when I see these bikes but on what I have said got any comments worth,price etc what would you do?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: cb750s
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
Hi Bitsa that sounds like a lot of dosh for a project  :-\, do you not fancy something a bit more modern like an F1 750  ;) they come up on ebay with buy it now prices under £2,000 and tidy running examples  :) cheers Mick.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
Mick,
Cheers for that mate,yes maybe go down another route even a different make did up a XS650 a while back and liked it.This guy is thinking he,ll make a fast buck but he does not know anything about Honda fours he just sees how much they can fetch here but he does not have any idea what parts cost now I will keep nagging at him with a fist full of money next time we meet.The F models is OK but they were the start of the boy racer bikes I am a retro man.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »
yeah I know what you mean Bitsa I have a F1 and my old 1970 CB750  I prefer the look of the older bike with its 4 pipes, do you not fancy a Kettle Bitsa ?

this is mine I was out on it a couple of weekends ago  8) cheers Mick.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »
Mick,
Yeah worked on them also.Nice bike good looking didn't like the nickname and not a great 2 stroke fan.But if one came along at the right price maybe.Whats parts like to get pricey etc they are worth a lot of money in France.Unlike most on this site I did have some time for the old CB500t I got on with them OK and they did have their faults but like all retro bikes the price of parts and if available is now becoming dreamland stuff.God I wish I could be Sam Tyler(life on mars) I would have been alot happier than that Pratt and bought up shed loads of bikes and bits and stored them away some place.You would not believe me how many tanks, exhausts,Guards etc the shop I worked in binned them all as insurance claims in those days did not get repaired just replaced.
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »
Some parts are dear and some are reasonable, plenty of parts being remade for these old bikes  ;),

I had a mate who had a cb500t a brown one never let him down and he used to hammer it everywhere,

I had a Kawa z750 twin went everywhere on that bike even Belgium and Holland  8) they weren't rated by the bike mags of the times either,

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »
Like it my style of bikes the only 500T I worked on was brown but I do believe there was an orange type one.
Never into trial, cafe and modern boy racer bikes they all look the same to me
Cheers
Mick
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal