Author Topic: CB 750K5 Wiring Problem.  (Read 1276 times)

Offline cheshirehonda

• View Profile
CB 750K5 Wiring Problem.
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
I am in the process of tidying up my US spec K5, one of the jobs is restoring the faded switchgear. When I started to disconnect the wiring from the LH switchgear I noticed that the Orange/white and light blue/white wires were not connected to the main loom, on closer look at the K5 wiring diagram these 2 wires do not appear to go anywhere in the main loom? These wires are for the LH and RH turn signals.There are two further wires for each turn signal shown on the wiring diagram. Mine only has 2 black wires to the front turn signal, one of which is not connected to the main loom! There are also 2 black wires connected the rear, but they are both connected to the Loom. The turn signals were working fine by the way.
I wont pretend to be an expert on electrical wiring, but cant understand how the signals switch was working, when the wires from the switch were not connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB 750K5 Wiring Problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »
You need to check the front indicator bulbe as the USA had twin filament 21/5 watt bulbs. Some pattern indicatrs have two black wires and only a single filament 21 watt bulb as the other wire is an earth wire which is technically redundant as the body earths vith the stem holding nut inside the headlamp shall which should have a connected(to the loom) green earth wire on it

The blue/white and orange/ white go direct to the 5 watt filament in the indicator to be on with the headlamp as "Running Lights" BUT you don't want to connect them in the UK as they are NOT LEGAL here

Offline cheshirehonda

• View Profile
Re: CB 750K5 Wiring Problem.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
thanks Bryan, that very helpful.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal