Author Topic: Help can't get cam chain back on  (Read 4569 times)

Offline bytio

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Help can't get cam chain back on
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
I saw a forum discussion on this for 500/550 and it is possible to put the rocker ( I think) not aligned correctly, and caused a loud click when turning engine over, effectively the tappet screw slips off top of valve, I will try and find the article and put a link on. Put your figure on top of tappet where noise is and feel what it does when engine turned over

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »
Tappets should be all screwed out and held back with elastic bands when installing the tappet cover. You will know if its on properly when the gasket surfaces are flush and all the bolt holes line up. Can't go wrong really.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline WPF81S

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
Hi all just taken cam cover off again looks like valves sticking. Do these get any lubrication? the reason I ask is that the channel under the cam is full but the area where the valve springs is dry, is it just splash fed from the cam, can i put some oil in there to lube the valve stems. Iain

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
Hi all just taken cam cover off again looks like valves sticking. Do these get any lubrication? the reason I ask is that the channel under the cam is full but the area where the valve springs is dry, is it just splash fed from the cam, can i put some oil in there to lube the valve stems. Iain

yes,squirt plenty through the springs onto the stem
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal