SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

non original master cylinder change

(1/2) > >>

MIKE550/4:
when i started this bike we noticed master cylinder at some point had been changed, no idea why or what has been used

not having an original could someone please have a look and see if I can salvage some parts, I have sourced an original master cylinder but unsure on lever, brake switch and the brake hose

brake hose has the bend at  both ends

original on bike

now off in parts...... anything I can salvage?

MIKE550/4:
think the lever I will have to buy new but another question

genuine part 16.95 plus vat

aftermarket part 5.00 plus vat

david silvers

is there that much difference really in a brake lever ?

Trigger:
Master cylinder looks as its off some CB250N maybe? Brake line looks OK, and if you don't want it, post it to me. Most switches are interchangeable, if it works. Go for the £5 brake lever. Every time I've fitted nice clutch & brake levers I've dropped it with in a week. The same with new leather jackets

LesterPiglet:
Silvers repro MC is a cheap alternative, complete with lever. I have one on my bike and can't fault it.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB550F2-SUPER-SPORT-1977/part_123901/
EDIT
The front brake switch is part of the hydraulic line and would bolt to the lower yoke/triple tree.
I would discard the old rubber pipes.

MIKE550/4:
would the master cylinder have been a back in the day upgrade? it has asco 11 on back

had this replay on other forum which sounds viable

asco were on Suzuki`s around the period of the k3 suspect a previous owner may have fitted it in search of a better brake certainly the tamperproof oil cup top is an improvement

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version