SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

nipple on swingarm 550 k3

(1/1)

MIKE550/4:
is the original on this and odd size ?

cannot seem to get a grease gun to fit .

can someone advise what size I could replace with and be able to use regular grease gun

matthewmosse:
I haven't had one off but expect it would be a standard metric thread, probably m6 - personally I buy bulk packs of mulipiple sizes from farm suppliers, 50 mixed sizes for about £5. Often it's because they are clogged that grease won't go in, nozles for grease guns are again cheap, £2 a go and there are I think differet sizes available, though most jobs I do all seem to use just the one even working on a range of kit from 60s farm machinery that is imperial,  right through to modern diggers and road rollers of metric variety.

Bryanj:
The K3 Should be M6 and you can get straight or angled, earlier ones were push fit in each end of the bolt

matthewmosse:
It is worth giving the little ball bearing in the center a bit of a poke, and twidling the end of the grease gun about in case things are just sticking a bit if you haven't btw, some greaseguns seem to want clamping on using a set of screw action jaws a bit like a mini chuck and these seem mostly to not need actually adjusting very often but can beannoying if they do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version