Author Topic: CB750 Gear Selector Drum differences?  (Read 1999 times)

Offline lordmoonpie

• If he's not in action, he's in traction...
    • View Profile
    • Moonpie
CB750 Gear Selector Drum differences?
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »
I want to run a gear selector pedal straight back off the gear selector shaft on my CB750. In the UK, according to the Haynes manual, the CB750 gear pedal is attached to the shaft via a linkage bar, so if I was to use a pedal attached straight to the gear selector shaft, it would rotate the wrong way and I'd have a race shift pattern.
Haynes goes on to say that in the USA models, some of them have a reverse facing direct attached gear pedal. IF the USA bikes have the same shift pattern as the UK, i.e. one down four up, that means that the USA models must have a gear selector drum with mirror image tracks to the UK model.
So - by using a USA gear selector drum I should be able to fit a rear facing direct attached gear pedal and keep the standard road shift pattern.

That's the theory - my question is, does the USA model have a rear facing pedal, is it the same shift pattern as the UK and if so, what model do I need to get my selector drum out of?!

Oh - the reason I can't use a linkage for the gear pedal as per UK is that I want a four into four race exhaust fitting and the pedal will foul the exhaust.:S
Beware of those who fall at your feet - they may be reaching for the corner of the rug...

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
Re:CB750 Gear Selector Drum differences?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:05:17 AM »
I think for this one you need to visit the American SOHC4 site as http://www.sohc4.net - good luck
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal