Author Topic: David Silver Rims  (Read 5441 times)

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: David Silver Rims
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »
I think he meant this one. It appears to be a themed set of beer pumps
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »
Cheer's Tom , that is the one i was going on about.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 10:52:13 PM »
That's a snapshot I took from a dvd I watched. You had me searching through all my pics there.   :)
A pub in the Isle of Man.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698010/?ref_=nv_sr_1
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:53:58 PM by LesterPiglet »
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
Nice set of pumps. Love your plug cap's Lester.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »
Yes they are a good job. Silicone, flexible. Probably 25+ years old now. Bike doesn't misfire in torrential rain anymore. They are called Hotwires.

'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
That's how you did it then Lester.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »
Back onto the Rims ;)

I got this reply from David Silver via Facebook.  he has tried to register but can't log in for some reason. Would be great to have him contribute here!!!!!!!!!

"David Silver Spares wrote: "Hi Ashley Derrick, cannot seem to log in, have registered and been accepted. Here is my Resonse : DID rims; definetely the Rolls Royce of wheel rims and suppliers to Honda as original equipment rims. Of course, these are the most expensive but we stock them for all SOHC's. Union Cycle rims; Made in Thailand, quality OK, have had some CB400F's where the holes needed reaming out slightly. OK for a wheel builder to build, tricky for individuals if this is found. Only available for smaller bikes up to CB400F, have used them many times on our own CB400F restorations. Sumitomo rims: The 'Lada' rim, fits, works but the joins are crude (agricultural) and the chrome is not the best. Chinese made but to be fair, a price to match and if you don't intend to fit it to a show bike but one that will get occasional use in Summer, this rim will be fine. Only available for CB500-750's. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for and by keeping 3 brands we are trying to suit all requirements and pockets."

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 12:13:48 AM »
So will DSS give us a SOHC discount? I'm not worried about his cheap wheels, i would like to see cheaper OE parts.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
Sorry for the hijack Ash.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »
No probs mate I do it myself ;) ;)

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
Must confess to always using DID rims from DS on Hondas, but also stainless spokes, usually from CWC. Always built up well and seem to have lasted well.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
seamus, that's the best combination.I was in your town this week at Philpots .

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »
Yes I got DID rims for my 750K0 and was just wondering what to get for my 250K0. Looks like it will be DID again.
Philpots hard chromed my '79 KZ650B1 forks (long gone and plated by the PO before I bought it). They were absolutely brilliant, bike kept outside but stanchions never corroded.

David Silver said via facebook to me  that if we have any more queries then I should point him to the link to the relevant post and he will reply.  I don't personally  want to start asking him about prices, more a route to answering technical/supply queries. e.g. can he stock Yamiya stuff without us having massive shipping/import duty costs.

Off to bed now before Steve accuses me of being a creature of the night !! :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:47:46 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal