Author Topic: Oh what fun. ;D  (Read 1073 times)

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Oh what fun. ;D
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
I like a bit of noise, flames are a bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CFrH5b9fCg
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Oh what fun. ;D
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »
I remember back in my high milage sidecar days one of my mates had a 550f chop, he called it red rat - bin bag seat, dual sockett metal 240v plug housings with sponges in as air cleaner and a motad 4 into 1 setup, with the stock silencer cut / rotted off and replaced with a fergy tractor item - I'd bet he'd have knocked any baffles out. That thing used to belch flames out of the exhaust, but probably wasn't as loud as my sidecar with the bsm collector welded to a triumph rockett 3 (70s not modern) raygun silencer. Not sure if mine ever flamed but only with this exhaust and K&N filter could the bike ever wheelspin at will just by flicking the throttle. That sound does bring back memories. Motad stock silencers just didn't have that full on sound. Apparently, no pipes does.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »
Lovely noise the fours are.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »
You nutter Les :)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
I once had a CX500 for which I had made my own exhaust system.  I attached flexible exhaust to the first six inches of the original downpipes.  The only problem was that it didn't seal very well but it was great fun at night, flames would shoot out on the overrun.  This was OK until I had to ride it through my friend's field of barley (he was on the back) on the way to a camping place one summer evening.  I was very nervous, to say the least, but luckily nothing untoward happened.  This is what passed for entertainment in the countryside back then.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal