Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Unbelievable
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:59:59 PM »
I read this today in motorcycle monthly and still can't believe it.

Do I have to stick with my insurer panel appointed solicitor?He is a Muppet.Some `spoon` banged into my bike at a junction.I fell off and got hurt.Simple,you would think.However,the spoon has alleged I reversed into him at speed after selecting the wrong gear and my solicitor simply doesn't get that this is not possible.I am on a bike and it's not a Goldwiing!What is not to get?

All so in the same paper an unhappy ending for a CB750k2

I was riding my old CB750K2 and there were some of those rubber tubes across the road that measure the traffic,attached to a box chained to a lamppost.An articulated lorry coming the other way drove over them and I than had a surreal moment of watching the rubber tubes break and fly up into the air. Unfortunately the giant rubber tentacles then snared themselves around my front wheel and even Houdini couldn't escape from this one-shiny CB down the road,trashed kit and broken arm.     

and I thought I was unlucky
Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »
For the love of god, it really seems unless you can vidio the accident they will always want to hold the bike responible rather than the car driver,

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
Mike, look up a lawyer called Martin Keeling. He only does accident claims and knows the in's and out's of everything when it comes to accident claims. I appointed him for a case where i was run over by a truck on London bridge in 1990.  He got me a very large sum of money.  Since then a number of friends have appointed him with outstanding results. I don't have his number anymore, but will try to contact a friend that last appointed him.
I had the same problem with my insurance company saying that i had to use a company appointed lawyer. Martin found this out to be total bull.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:29:03 PM by trigger6969 »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
Yes your right Oddjob. I was rushing with other things on my mind and did not read the first line.OPPPP's

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:47 PM »
Spot on Oddjob I wasn't involved in this one thank god.

I too often don't read things properly. I could probably fill a room with things Iv bought off eBay that are of no use to me. ::)

Mick   
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal