Author Topic: The Holy Grail of CB750's ?  (Read 4797 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: The Holy Grail of CB750's ?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:02 AM »
I'll bet Eamon knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PM'd you Steve please let me know if you get it !!

Attached a pic of the UK CB750K0 press bike, I think after restoration. Take a look at the 'ducktail' on that seat, I have never seen a repro seat look that good. I was told by someone that the early seats had a harder piece of rubber/foam in the 'ducktail' foam. Work of art!!

Cheers  ........ ashD
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:36:12 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »
Wow i just come back from a nice sunny holiday in tenerife to see this post on the prototype, as with other peoples opinion i think Honda should buy this bike, to be honest the money to them would be a piss in the ocean ,
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »
Reserve met currently at $120,504.66
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »
Is it known where this brighton bike ended up?
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
In bits in the UK I believe for last 25 years.
Cheers..............  AshD

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
What a shame, it would be better going to an enthusiast who would rebuild it, one day it will surface and fetch good money for someone, the current owner will probably take it to his grave
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
Dunno Pete .. ChrisR knows him. From what I can gather it was a swap for the UK K0 diecast Press Bike (YLY70H)  I think.
Cheers  ... Ash D

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 10:08:23 PM »
Good question Oddjob, The CX500 sandcast that sold last year was listed as a prototype. But it was not the prototype. The CX360 was the prototype, with the CX400 as it's successor. There must of been a CB500 prototype, but not a CB550,which was only a successor of the 500.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
Its possible that with the 500 they only did a prototype engine for bench testing as it was thought of as a scaled down 750. Mine is the earliest number i have found but its going to be like Grandfathers brush as the insurance insist on a "New" frame and forks due to the fire and the crankcases did not come with it, but to my mind the identity is still there!!!

I do have a very early Japanese parts book that shows some interesting differences from the US/UK ones like fixed footrests instead of folding and a light in the steering stem nut.

Also gives part numbers for things that are not even in the early American Honda parts book I have---ike the side panel stickers that say :-

Honda Motor Co.,
Tokyo Japan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal