Author Topic: Battery charger  (Read 3498 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Battery charger
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »
Just bought a "intelligent" battery charger from Lidl and initially amazed at the quality of the device.
Will charge both 6v/12v with range for both bike and car capacity batteries, does the normal stuff like pulse start to desulphate and will sit in monitor mode to pick up if the voltage drops.
Also if the vehicle is started while attached then it's digital volt readout shows the alternator charge rate.
The connect clips can be removed without tools to leave two loop connectors that can be fixed to bike battery terminals via bolts (you could cut the leads and connect with a double pole plug to leave a small easy connect loom on a bike).
It seems to be made of really good materials and they sell for £12.99
I put it on here because alot of people have sporadic use bikes and these things don't seem to be in stock for long.....I'm off to pick up a couple more for friends.

Let us know what you think of it if you buy one.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Battery charger
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »
The voltage readout thing is new but I've had a Lidl charger in the shed for some years and rate it very highly - I prefer it to my optimate though the optimate has lasted longer it only does 12v and I don't think it actually works as inteded any more - seems to stay on charge mode forever. My first lidl charger died after 4 years abusive use - getting dropped etc and I didn't hesitate to buy another. I like a lot of the power tools off lidl, their belt sander is great as is the saber saw I got from there.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:40:29 PM »
My wife bought a set of kitchen mixer taps from Lidl, and after i spent an hour on my back in the kitchen cupboard. They started to leak after two weeks. Now they have become a garden ornament. Along with the rest of crap she comes home with.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
Hey Trigger, what are you trying to say, she brought you home!>:D

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »
What are you trying to say, i am on my fifth wife. NEXT!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
Masochist! ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:42 AM »
You might be on your fifth wife but were they all married to you?

Offline Norniron

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17:45 AM »
U must look like MR T with all them rings on.teehee
1977 400 cafe
1972 500/4
2013 triumph STR675

ka-ja

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
Hi,
    It is a poor man that makes the same mistake twice let alone 5 times, at least I suppose they weren't all at once ;)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:34 AM »
Trigger, an hour on your back under the kitchen sink......don't think that's in the Kama-Sutra.....perhaps that's what's going wrong with the wives! don't know about the taps though.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
Just bought a "intelligent" battery charger from Lidl and initially amazed at the quality of the device.
Will charge both 6v/12v with range for both bike and car capacity batteries, does the normal stuff like pulse start to desulphate and will sit in monitor mode to pick up if the voltage drops.
;) totally agree  I bought one from aldi's before xmas , lol I didn't think of posting it here sorry guys . although looks slightly different than the lidl one, it does exactly the same stuff totally automatic voltage  for 6- 12 volts plus it has a built in voltage tester   :-X  ive never been a great fan of them optimates  heard too many bad reports of them cooking batteries ,so I only charge batteries to get the voltage up then leave them rest ,only a few weeks ago a friends cb160 battery could not be charged with the optimate  showed it as a dead battery ,so if you get an error reading on the aldi or lidl charger try connecting the battery to a normal charger to bring the voltage up then connect the aldi or lidl charger I have revitalized a few batteries this way , but as with all batteries and electrics be careful  :o this might only be a short term fix
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:02:48 AM by steff750 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal