Author Topic: My project 750 drag bike.  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Greg H

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
My project 750 drag bike.
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
I thought that some of you may be interested in my project.
The background to  building this bike is a long held desire in me to build a sohc 750 stock framed Pro Stock bike. Any of you who are familiar with this class of bike will know that it is a "full on" class where the bike still has to retain a stock (albeit longer and lower) look ,but where the motor can be tuned to the limit.
I drag raced/sprinted an F1 based bike back in the day in the street class( which was basically an anything goes class, providing you had lights ,road legal tyres, working speedo and rear suspension) with some success.I then moved on through a succession of bikes over the years, finally culminating in the nitrous Hayabusa which I've been racing over the last few years. Over the years I'd often wandered haw far I could have taken the old F1 , so a year ago I decided to find out, and  build my version of the ultimate sohc Honda 750 based drag bike.
Rather than base the bike on an F1, I decided to build a replica of the very first bikes which were raced over in the US in the early seventies , which were based on the early K models.
I managed to pick up a cheap 75 F1donor , and have spent the last twelve months converting it into a convincing copy of a K,which took a lot of time, particularly when we found out that the steering head was twisted ,
 as well as doing a number of mods to the rolling chassis to bring it up to spec.
Here are some pics of where we started from , and where we are now.

Offline Greg H

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: My project 750 drag bike.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »
It's looking like my pics havn't worked  :( I don't know what the problem is cos they always come up on the US site ::) .

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
I don't know either Greg.

The only thing that seems to work at the moment is linking to externally hosted images.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Greg H

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
Cheers Steve . It's a pity that . I'll have to consult my resident computer expert ( I've got a teenage daughter  ;D ;D) and I'll see  if I can convince her to get off Facebook for a minute and help out her old dad ::) ::).

Offline Greg H

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Greg H

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
Things have moved on a bit since the pic . I'll post a more up to date pic soon now I've sussed out how to get a pic on here  ::) ::)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
It'll be interesting to see the progress Greg, what times did you get the original F1 running at?

What are you doing to this current engine build as well?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the pictures greg
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal