Author Topic: wiring and cable routes pics  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: wiring and cable routes pics
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »
Fine sand paper or wire wool will do the job.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 11:43:15 PM »
I believe soak them in vinegar then brush with a fine wire or toothbrush. I've never taken mine apart, but if you have all the time in the world.  ;)
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »
If you dismantle the plugs be sure to take a photo before, else risk incorrect / mis wired reassembly!. And whilst you can clean the male connectors, you'll achieve little if the females can't be serviced (ooh!).

A mild & agitated acid bath as Lester suggested, in perhaps a cheapo ultrasonic cleaner - if you have one - might be an alternative, followed by a good wash with brake cleaner spray.

A tip for when you 'power up' first time, and assuming your fuses are nice motorcycle / Honda ones... replace them with household fuses of similar rating (eg 13A instead of 15A) ... until you sort all / any issues out.

Offline MikeM

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
I cant even ride the bike if it was finished, done my mod 1 awaiting to take mod 2

I have another bike which I use at the moment, just want the bike to be clean and run well and thought electrical contacts would be  good place to start to make sure of this

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal