Author Topic: Annoying in this day and age  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Annoying in this day and age
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
Hi Guys,
How about a section like the sister site has what pisses you off big time?
Example today if you know the Dutch suppliers you will now who I mean,anyway I have a outstanding order with them that will not be available to junish.No problem with waiting,but today I get an email saying 2 items on my wish list are now available and guess what I can not order,pay for them over the phone and have them shipped with the outstanding order.Can not be done.
Why not?I think I know why cause they add the parts together add post then VAT.For 2 small items I have to buy them with 14 euros post.Why on earth can you not pay for them and put them in the same fuking bag that's sitting on a shelf waiting for a part to arrive?If these people do not get a grip soon the postage costs will wipe them out soon for making things too dear.Do you think I am over reacting?To me they can stuff the 2 parts I would have bought.Crazy in this day and age.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying in this day and age
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »
I had similar with a UK supplier with my landrover, really great, knowledgable seller, but I had to wait nearly 3 months for a £400+ order for a few washers and gasketts I could have bought anywhere. In this case I think the idea was to save me postage, though I kept ringing to say post what you have and send the rest on later and I'll pay 2 lots of postage, each time assured it would be with me very soon. Can be annoying. I tend to order stuff well in advance to save the heartache, and have a huge stock of used bits, troube with that is I can never find what I need amougst all the other stuff now so I'm going to have to clear out and narrow down to fewer bikes.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Agree. Totally unreasonable......... David Silver are great on this, as they will collect parts and store for months till everything available and then ship together at very reasonable shipping costs. Never bought anything from the 'Dutch Company', always managed to get elsewhere.

Cheers .... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »
I have used the Dutch comany once, i avoid them as they are the most expensive for parts and delivery, but sometimes they might be the only option

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »
Pete.
I will go with you from now on.Another thing is with DS if you put in the part number it comes up, example needs to be specially ordered the other crowd it says buy now and when you have done all the dealings payed etc it then tells you an outrageous delivery time 5 months for a spanner,why can they not be up front and say something like not in stock but can be ordered and with an estimated delivery time of?Bloody quick to flog you what they do have on the shelf.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • No room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
Spent a fortune with DS on my 400 4 and 550 4 restorations but will not spend a penny with them due to postal charges.
550 air filter wing nut 12euro postage keep it !
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)
Honda CD175 sloper

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49:09 PM »
I have to say I use DS mainly,even special order item only took a couple of days extra,and the parts arrived as promised,

the dutch company ,I used for a rare speedo drive,ok,the P&P was expensive,and delivery about 10days for a stock item,
from the information given,the part wasnt picked for over a week,the deliver was much quicker,

I guess that happy when you buy parts for 40yr old bikes !!!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal