Author Topic: 'Lane Splitting' indeed  (Read 1044 times)

Offline kiwikk

• View Profile
'Lane Splitting' indeed
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »
Have a read of this article which contains some odd biker attitudes to getting to the front of the queue in traffic jams in other countries.

I got a bit peeved when I read it (as you'll see from my reply)

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=134772.0

I'd love to pass on the views of Brit bikers (but only if they agree with me of course  ;))
CB400F
CB-1

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lane Splitting' indeed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
I've been involved in that thread. Some of those guys are stuck in thier ways. I can imagine them riding along in full fluro gear, with flashing beacons at 45MPH.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lane Splitting' indeed
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:50 AM »
Kin hell after watching those vids Jesus if they are not dead by now they should be utter madness.Like all things its a case of minority spoiling it for the majority that's why silly new laws keep coming out.Many years ago even then I thought I could get away with it and at not that speeds until passing a car on the inside of a queue who was waiting to turn right and a bloody stupid woman got out the left, managed to get my bike around the door but the bottom caught my foot and took a toe right off.Not fun,never did that again.
Take heed
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal