Author Topic: new wiring looms oem  (Read 942 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
new wiring looms oem
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
Just a warning to you guys that have splashed out for a new loom.I did fitted it no problems all worked that is until I had a test ride got home and thought cos here lights should be on all the time they was not but were when I set out.Horn did not work so set out to investigate.Being an ex tornado aircraft wireman this was easy peezy for me but it took a little while to find it see photo.These wires were just stripped and twisted together and had come apart.Soldered them as they should be and all OK so be aware you could be messing for hours trying to find out what the hell is wrong.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: new wiring looms oem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »
Definitely heard of that one before, I think on the SOHC USA site. Guess it was a pattern part Bitsa. .. OH just noticed you said OEM.

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »
Ash,
Well I say it was oem came in bag right part number etc so I assume it genuine but these days who the hell knows anymore?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
All Honda looms are like that, at any three way join within the loom.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Trig,
You might be right but on the wiring for the handle bar lights there are 2 black soldered together.One thing I do have to say is the owners manual little hand book which I got with the bike under the seat the wiring diagram is spot on so easy to follow unlike haynes etc because they try to cram in too many models.Piece of cake even with different handle switches.
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal