Author Topic: Anyone bought parts from DK?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone bought parts from DK?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
To be fair I won't post any pics until I have contacted them. I hate complaining so putting it off.
Trouble is with the CB350 there were oodles made but everyone is racing 'em or Cafe'ing them, particularly in the US. Plus mine is a 250 and a K0 which makes it even rarer, so it's the old 'rubbing hands together' when people are selling stuff.  Have NOS genuine Honda exhausts and chainguard etc., though and two of the rare K0 tanks (with the rubber kneepads). The K0 250 (well technically it's a Super Sport not K0), is really rare you don't see many around now, evidently James May PXed his 'sardine' blue one  off 'Manlab' for a CX500 !!with David Silver. Hence it's now in the Silver collection I would imagine for his forthcoming 'museum' he is opening.

Cheers .... AshD
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:11:22 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
One thing given the benefit of the doubt, dk may have dismantled a bike with those miss matched carbs fitted, still should have taken a few minuites to check the condition before listing though.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 08:25:54 AM »
Well I sent them this & will keep you posted, when they reply.

Dear twowheelspares,

Hi, I have bought quite a few parts from you a couple of years ago and
always found them to be well described and really good value. However, this
item I bought I am not really satisfied with as it appears that the two
carbs have been previously stripped down (loose& missing screws) and deemed
to be beyond repair internally because of really bad corrosion/split
diaphragm/collapsed float. They don't even appear to be from the same
machine as one is a CB350 and the other from an SL350K0. I realize these
are sold as 'spares or repair' but you could have included a photo of the
units whilst stripped down to give a fairer state of condition, seeing as
they had obviously been taken apart. Any chance you can find me a better
set or at least replace the one which is totally trash and can provide
useful parts. I can send you photos if you wish.

I don't normally leave adverse feedback on Ebay, so I hope we can resolve.

Kind regards...
Ash... 07515xxxxxx

-honda_four_rider

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:27:36 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:11 AM »
Well. I got a response from DK from a very nice lady (honestly!) who asked me to call them and talk to their Ebay parts guy. He apologized and said he never saw the parts before they were sent out. He sent me another set of carbs FOC which were obviously straight off an imported bike and looked untouched. Same sort of think inside these (really corroded, one diaphragm spilt) but at least this was an honest deal and between the four carbs there may be a few decent parts I can use. Guess it's  problem with USA bikes left standing unloved for decades. They look really nice on the outside but inside have suffered the ravages of time.
Decent response from DK though, so gave them positive feedback. I would just be wary of the 'weather seized, left standing' engines they sell, probably a similar story to the carbs and pretty much 'pot' luck what you get. The guy told me that even seized CB350 twin motors with no ancillaries (generator, carbs etc.)  typically fetch £350 easily and are gobbled up by Cafe racer/classic racer guys.

Cheers... AshD
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:55:32 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 08:54:43 PM »
Glad you got a decent outcome I was very lucky with the bike I bought from them it had stood for years and looked a pig but run spot on from the start.The same couldn't be said for the over one as everything is corroded and its only done 25k.
Carbs never fair well if left I tried to start my pegaso last week and the diaphragms are as rotten as a pear after 2 years.

Mick

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »
Result Ash ;)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 08:09:44 AM »
I bought a low mileage 500/4 engine from them in 1995.  It was exactly what was expected and was in excellent condition aprt from the bent fins but they had told me about that anyway.  I stripped the engine to check and it was like new inside.  Still working now nearly twenty years later.  I would consider that a bargain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal