Author Topic: Cop this FFFN Ouch  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Cop this FFFN Ouch
« on: March 19, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cop this FFFN Ouch
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
Be ok with another motor or set of cases  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »
I have seen that kind of damage loads of times from a con rod but, can't see any evidence of a broken one in the picture.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
I have to say that I have never known a honda that threw a rod many a brit bike.To me it looks like the cam chain has snapped if you look close its folded a bit.Like mick says a set of cases will fix it but whats the chance you can find ko cases?Unique number and all that.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »
Ive had a dropped valve punch through the cases on my cb550k3 engine, luckily it was by the starter motor, so I just smeared some solicon sealant around the hole, bunged the metal bits back in place and clamped the starter over the mess, sorted the dropped valve with a crumby used head and kept riding, the k3's original engine had suffered a snapped camchain, something of a jinxed bike, that was, but the bodged engine kept going for years before snapping  camshaft.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:17:16 AM »
Hey Matthew... promise us PLEASE you're not an aircraft engineer, nuclear plant worker, hospital lab technician etc etc!!!

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 02:31:47 PM »
Close, but Lobo is Royal Brunei :-)
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Online andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:42:40 AM »
my gsxr did that to me some years ago - I was winding it up and going over 100 in an autobahn. All of a sudden a bang, big hole in the front of the cases and all the oil all over the exhausts and road. Luckily it was the end cylinder/bearing so no oil on the tyres and I just coasted to a halt on the hardshoulder.  Another day / another road and it could all have been far messier.

andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
None of the above, care worker. Note I was using th bike as my only transport for a 20 mile commute so could check oil regualy or spot major leaks, this bodge up engine was initially intended to tide me over a few weeks as a mate wanted the bike and had a spare engine in his own bike so it just needed to get to Hereford once, usual story though with selling bikes to mates, they make a decent offer, shake hands on it then never produce the cash. He knew of the engine 'repair' before offering to buy my bike.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal