Author Topic: CB550 Rear Sprocket Cover Mod  (Read 6497 times)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: CB550 Rear Sprocket Cover Mod
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »
So long as you like it, that is what matters. I've lost cont of the people who think I'm mad for bolting a chair to my bike. Or think it would make a great basis for restoration. For me the stabalisers are what I like, just so for you a stripped down look is your thing. The part wasn't all that rare, I have one sat at the top of the stairs to my loft under a pile of sprocketts and a few more on my spare wheels, a few hours tooling up and anyone could be knocking them out on a fly press. Like I say, I an my bike for many miles, without this bit and nver did the rear wheel bearings and unlike you I ride in all weather (mad I know) Snow included for the 500/4. Yours is a nice bike, not something I'd do to a bike cos I ride on crud filled roads but still nice. Don't feel too disheatened by comments, I reacon I'd be lynched for some of the stuff I do (have done) to my bikes or other classics.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Charliecharlcomb

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: CB550 Rear Sprocket Cover Mod
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 08:25:46 PM »
I didn't know these were rare.  I have a spare one if anyone is stuck.

(someone should compile a rare spares list, too often, in the past,  I have thrown away bits when I've had a workshop tidy)

Do you still have it? Long shot I know but worth a punt.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal