Author Topic: more home tools  (Read 4321 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: more home tools
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
Anyone got one of these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-DIAGNOSTIC-SERVICE-TESTER-CLASSIC-/291046736324?nma=true&si=vcO8cD7qxsl3XXxkN4DqQEa7ClM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wasn't there also something called a Souriai (or similar spelling) tester too?

Cheers .... AshD

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
That wouldn't look out of place in an early 70's recording studio!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »
Wish I had known that was there, not a lot to wrong with them, specialy when the nephew has a firm that makes electronic dohickies!!

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:19:24 AM »
Ash,
Nice find I too used one of them in the 70s and did you notice came with a strobe light?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 01:34:07 PM »
Ash,
Nice find I too used one of them in the 70s and did you notice came with a strobe light?
Cheers
Bitsa

Would have been an even nicer find, if I had found it before the auction ended  :(  . I have my own electronics company so no probs fixing it I reckon.

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
Oddjob,
You are a wealth of memories for me.Was it the same for you the snap on man appeared once a week and you could buy on the weekly from him?Christ seems like eons ago.I had to do it that way as a mechanics wage was shit.Good tools life long guarantee even if you had belted the crap out of a screwdriver.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
That is a lot of tools Oddjob. I have a three stack system with 15 draws and still have trouble closing it. Never bought from snip-on. Always used Britool. Mechanics only bought snip-on because they could pay weekly. A bit like the Avon lady ;D 

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
How post have we crashed this time?.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »
TRIG,
MIGHT BE OLD BUT WHAT POST HAVE WE CRASHED AND WHO GIVES A FRAC.THOSE TOOLS WERE  TALKING ABOUT ARE FRACKIN GOOD AND EXPENSIVE AND WHAT EVER GOOD STUFF ARE WORTH TALKIN ABOUT MAKES SENSE.
SORRY DO NOT MEAN TO AFFEND BUT SNAP ON NOT SNIP OR ANY OTHER VARIATION WERE THE THE DOGS LIKE SAID B4 EXPENSIVE BUT THE BOLLOCXS.
CHEERS
BITSA

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
Never liked the avon lady calling with her snip-on. I complained to the sales man once, about stopping my lads from working so he could do his sales pitch. Never saw him again.  Could never understand why i would put money in the american's pocket when the english had good tools.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
I know what you mean oddjob, I have one draw that has those red plastic spanner holders. That is where i keep my Rolls Royce of Britool. But found myself looking at them the other day thinking, out of all those spanners (6 to 32mm) why do i have a 25mm that doesn't even have a finger print on it.  :-\ Can't think why i bought it or what i would use it for. Can't think of coming across a 25mm nut.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
Nope but it would fit a 1 inch.

I used to buy cheap sets and replace the worn out ones with snap on or britool, have some facom who i believe bought out either britool or gedore, not sure which

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 08:26:16 AM »
Got the common tool paperworrk but the carb adjuster is not on it DOH! when i have time i will still scan it and post qhat i can.

Oddjob I suspect the one you had was the 750 K0 onwards one I.E the one with the linked carbs not the 4 into 1 cable but i haven't got time to look up on the CD at moment

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:17 AM »
Have a nice set of Gedore pliers. They do or did very good extra fine saw blades. Your spot on there Bryan with the 1 inch but, i would use Metrinch spanner or socket for that size. Maybe i bought it just because there was a gap in the rail.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
Buying cheap tools is fine for us ameture tinkerers, I also have a decent sized Sealey pro spanner set as most tools need to be duplicated for some job or another. I tried to only have metric stuff, but living on a smallholding every bit of agricultural equipment has inpirial fastners so there are boxes and boxes of wierd odd sized socketts, AF, whitworth metric etc. I think If I dug out all the auction buy boxes of spanners and put them with the sets and other tooling then I'd fill 2 rollchest combo's. My favorite tools for cost vs quality are definately Powerfix from Lidl, even hammerd the ring spanners (metric) onto inperial bolts on the landrover as they were too rusted to use the proper spanners and they took all.
Funny that thing about tools not comming back after being lent out, My carb balancing gaugees are U/S fo a 4 cylinder bike because a 'mate' borrowed them and they came back with only 3 of the 4 brass manifold joiners - the carb gauges were rubbish in any case bu none the less it is annoying. I no longer let tools out of sight.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal